Richardson Olmsted Complex, The Richardson Towers
Originally called the Buffalo State Hospital, the Richardson Complex was designed by renowned architect Henry Hobson Richardson. The Towers were completed in 1880, while the entire eleven building complex was finished in 1896, ten years after Richardson's death. The hospital was constructed shortly after the Civil War to deal with increased incidence of mental illness, which was common after the war. Recently, it has been renovated and opened as the Hotel Henry in 2017.